Both inside the classroom and out, our professional, experienced, and dedicated teachers will challenge and empower your child to develop the strong academic, spiritual, and social skills and understandings required to be successful at the next academic level and in life. We invite you to explore with us the many benefits of an intentional and exciting partnership in the Christian education of your child.
Our small class sizes, exciting environment, and robust curriculum make WCA a rewarding experience for our students. These same benefits give WCA the advantage of individualized attention and allowing students to work on their level.
The majority of WCA's high school students complete their requirements during their Junior year providing an opportunity for them to continue into post-secondary education, earning college credits before their high-school graduation.
Wilmington Christian Academy, in partnership with the student’s family, aims to provide academic excellence with a Christian foundation to cultivate mature disciples of Jesus Christ.
Wilmington Christian Academy represents a partnership among the students, parents, faculty, administration, and staff. These partners are united in their commitment to the common objectives outlined in the Mission Statement. Students and parents respect Wilmington Christian Academy’s teachers, as role models and instructors, for their commitment to truth and their genuine concern for children. Intelligence, creativity, responsibility and loyalty are characteristics of the faculty.
Parents expect and appreciate direct and regular communication from faculty regarding their children. Reciprocally, parents are responsive to suggestions from teachers and administrators for helping students.
The administrators, under the authority of the Wilmington Christian Academy board, oversee the implementation of the Mission Statement in the school. In their capacities as policy-makers and community leaders, these administrators advance the Academy’s role as an institution dedicated to providing the best education for children.
Wilmington Christian Academy recognizes each child as an individual who, by virtue of his humanity, is in community with all the other children in the Academy, regardless of age. By providing moral and ethical standards, the Academy prepares its students to accept the privileges and responsibilities of American citizenship and to honor and respect their Maker. Every child is capable of achieving his potential to the fullest extent when afforded respect, fairness, kindness, discipline and appropriate instruction.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible authoritative Word of God. We define the sanctity of life
and the definition of marriage in Biblical terms. (II Tim. 3:16; II Pet. 1:21)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
(Gen. 1:1; John 10:30; John 10:37-38)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and
atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and
in His personal return in power and glory.
(Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:35; Heb. 4:15; Heb. 7:25; John 2:11 Heb. 9:12; Col.1:14; John 11:25; Acts 1:11; Rev. 10:11-16)
4. We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for his salvation.
(Rom. 3:10, 23; John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Eph. 2:8-10; Titus 3:5, 6)
5. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. (Eph. 5:18; Eph. 4:30; I Cor. 3:16; I Cor. 6:19-20)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. (John 5:28, 29)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Rom. 8:9; I Cor.12:12-13; Gal. 3:26-28)
8. We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God. (Gen. 1:26-28)